Thank you All for your Prayers and Well Wishes!!!
My friends, I remain in quarantine and I can say that truly God is a good God. Even though I was well aware that I could become infected with COVID, due to the nature of the path I chose, I thought I was taking all the precautions I could.
I work with two other ladies most frequently and they are both in their sixties and both are cancer survivors. As such whenever we have had to swab and care for a patient “under interest” I have been the one more in contact with the patients as I know these women would be more at risk than myself.
I am not a hero just a human. I have grown to love these women.
Since I have been unwell I have been speaking with both these ladies as they are experiencing symptoms as well. The one lady that I worked my last two shifts with is really feeling poorly even though her COVID test came back negative. She has been having more severe symptoms than myself. She is also in quarantine.
Each day I arise and thank God for Jesus! Yes I am happy. Psalms 23 – Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil….!!!! AMEN.
God is a good God and we shall all make it to the other side, my co-workers and I. I sleep with some healing scriptures playing on my nightstand as I want the healing promises to soak into my spirit even in repose. (I always do this when I seek God out, I let his word settle in my soul. I will make a post about it one day).
How I feel:
- Weakness (getting better each day)
- Shortness of breath with exertion (it is resolving)
- Headache — my worst symptom (it just hangs around)
- Inability to concentrate for long periods
- A heaviness in my head (feeling it as I type this now)
- Sleeping a lot (the body needs rest to heal)
I never recorded a fever or a cough.
What I am using for my immune system:
- Zinc – 15mg
- Vitamin D -5,000 IU
- Vitamin C – 1000mg
- Tumeric, aloe vera, garlic, ginger and celery blended drink (I just chug it down, can’t taste anyway)
- Rest – as the body dictates
- Exercise – I keep it moving, even if I just walk around the backyard in the sun.
Some of what breaks my heart:
- My boss has the nerve to ask me, “where do you think you got COVID from?” (we have been screening patients prior to surgery, screening and seeing the general public, the doctors see pre-surgery patients as well all day, some of which have been COVID positive and we mingle and share space with those doctors all day!). Is she for real.
- We were never given the appropriate protective gear. We wear surgical masks, can you imagine! Surgical masks do not protect from COVID, especially not in a healthcare setting where we are likely to come into direct contact with the virus.
- I could have potentially infected my family and my mother is an elderly woman. But I praise and thank GOD!!!!
- I cannot hug and comfort my children. My little snookums who I had been sleeping with since his dad left for NY is my constant companion. I have exposed him more so than anyone else. Him being my baby, I tickle and play and kiss him up all the time, and I was already infected and shedding COVID all over my child.
- Being unable to be and play with him, now I have to see him in passing and go outside to talk to him for a bit. He always has new engineering wonders to show me and now I cannot interact with him.
- On top of me being ill his dad is still in NY, so he does not have a real parent right now. Gee wanted to come home, I said no. We had always decided only one of us would take a risk at any given time.
- My daughter is petrified to come down to the bottom floor where I am in my own space.
- I am fed by them placing my meals outside my door. That is a hoot…being fed, I find humor in it.
On the road to recovery:
My Gee is always on the phone with me and a source of support and knowledge. My mother and my children are here and my friends are all helping to keep me together. I go outdoors often to look at the plants and I have been watching NETFLIX – oftentimes I fall asleep during a show.
I do love to watch movies and shows in other languages, especially French as I think it activates new neurons to hear and follow the plot while reading subtitles and trying to stay on top of the many nuances. My future guarantee against Alzheimer’s.
So I am coping pretty well.
I trust in my God and in that knowledge, I rest knowing this too shall pass.
Stay blessed and stay well.