So my Gabe aka Gee is a man who LOVES to cook!
I was a lot smaller and younger when we met, but between growing older, life-changes and his excellent food. I have blossomed … some may say into the woman I am today.
I will be featuring mostly his recipes on my blog.
I want him to feel little included in my blogging thing… plus his food is so good.
So here goes… a recipe for oven-roasted chicken
- 2 lbs chicken wings (approx 6-8 wings depending on size)
- 1 TBSP seasoning salt
- 1 TSP onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1 TSP garlic powder (use 1/2 TSP if you don’t like much garlic)
- 1/4 TSP cumin
- 1/2 TSP oregano
- 1 TBSP Maggi Seasoning Sauce
- 2 TBSP White Cooking Wine
- 1/2 TBSP Soy Sauce (substitute Lite if you need to)
- 1/2 TSP toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/4 TSP fresh cracked black pepper (fresh is best for potency)
- Marine for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Bake for 1 hour turning wings after 30 mins so that both sides crisp.
- Cool on a baking rack and serve.
Please remember recipes are always a dynamic process and can be tweaked according to your tastes. You may also add 2 cloves of fresh garlic crushed or chopped and 1 TBSP of fresh chopped ginger to the marinade if you appreciate these tastes.
He cooks his wings with the tips on because those are his favourite parts of the chicken wings…but feel free to cut them off.
I think this recipe is great as it uses no added fats and is cooked in the oven and you can add seasonings to suit your taste or health status.
So if you decide to give it a try, please give feedback and feel free to post your recipe.
As always, stay well and be blessed!