As of yesterday, there have been six (6) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in my immediate area in Dallas. I do not want to beat a dead horse as I see many daily postings on the virus. But since COVID-19 has decided to visit a city near me, I thought it prudent to make mention.
What you need to know; https://wordpress.com/post/justpene.com/2206
At mine and many other healthcare facilities, N-95 masks are becoming scarce, there have been reports of N-95 mask thefts at several such facilities as folks are running scared.
What To Do Now
Remain vigilant, disinfect busy surfaces in your surroundings often, door handles, toilets, counter surfaces, etc.
- If possible carry hand sanitizer and use often, rub hands until dry
- Avoid crowds and public spaces as you are able
- Wear a mask if you are sick or in public if at all possible
- Stay at least 6 feet from strangers and ill persons.
- Do NOT SHAKE HANDS
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds (sing the happy birthday song as a timer)
- Cover your cough and sneeze
- In the short-term avoid persons with travel to the “hot spots”, see link here; https://wordpress.com/post/justpene.com/2270
Epidemiologists indicate that the virus has a long incubation and infection period when compared to the influenza. COVID-19 also appears to spread easier that the common flu, and with the CDC changing its algorithm by the hour, it would stand to reason that they themselves have no real data on this virus.