Stu is someone I look up to and make every effort to find his posts each day as he openly shares God’s words, his wisdom and life struggles as a learning exercise for us all.
You have been chosen for this recognition because of the encouragement and inspiration you bring to your readers.
BARNABAS AWARD RULES:
Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
Think of five bloggers who encourage you and inspire you and list them.List five things about yourself.
List five things about yourself.
- I am an introvert and quite shy.
- I hate public speaking
- I cry easily when my heart is touched (can’t let too many people know that).
- I am frugal with money, a picky spender.
- I dislike being late, it makes me very anxious.
These are Stu’s questions for me;
- 1. Which song picks you up the minute you hear it?
- My soul is lost by Jim Reeves…God I love that song, it brings me back each time.
- 2. In your short time on this Earth who has been your biggest inspiration?
- My Bonus mom (my grandmother) raised me with the love of God, wisdom, and the ability to love others’ there was always someone eating / living with us.
- 3. Who is your biggest encourager blog wise?
- Deborah Marie, such a wonderful heart and always an excellent encourager, you can feel her gentle spirit in her words and her picture.
- 4. How can you be a better Barnabas to those around you?
- These is a reminder to be more diligent in my use of the written and spoken words and the inspiration to be an even better encourager of others’.
- 5. How do you encourage that friend who is going through a hard time?
- By being present, to talk, cry, financial, or just to be silent when they need.
Lastly, ask your nominees five questions……why five? Because it is the number that signifies grace!
- Besides wordpress, what other forums do you frequent?
- Why did you take the leap and began blogging?
- What would you change in today’s world if you could?
- What influenced your decision to become a follower of Christ?
- How do you think you have grown in your christian walk?
I am giving this award to…
I would like to use Maxine words as well, It really adds to the meaning of this award.
LET US ALL……continue to encourage our readers and one another and remember that being a Barnabas is worthwhile to everyone you encounter! And remember this scripture about him……
ACTS 11; 23-24 “WHEN HE ARRIVED AND SAW THE GRACE OF GOD, HE WAS GLAD AND ENCOURAGED ALL OF THEM TO REMAIN TRUE TO THE LORD WITH DEVOTED HEARTS , FOR HE WAS A GOOD MAN, FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND OF FAITH. AND LARGE NUMBERS OF PEOPLE WERE ADDED TO THE LORD.”