Our Post-Pandemic Normal
Are you feeling like you are losing control? Losing control of your life, your health, your ability to make your own decisions, of your family’s freedoms?
The new decade of 2020 roared in existence filled with promise. I, like everyone else waited with bated breath for its arrival. So arrive it did, greeted with much applause and with it came H-A-D-E-S! And per biblical warnings it has brought the equivalence of seven (7) more demons with it.
Somewhere around early January we began to hear surreptitious whispers of this new virus aka Coronavirus aka COVID-19. This mysterious killer supposedly originated in Wuhan China. This intelligent killer that supposedly crossed species from bats to humans. Here in the US, and I would venture to say, like much of the rest of the world we thought that it would not touch us. That we had nothing to worry about.
Well we were wrong!
Our leaders took their own sweet time closing the borders and when they finally did, the proverbial horse had already escaped the stables. Or did it? Had the theoretical horse already been placed outside the gates? Surfacing evidence suggests the latter may be true.
There are so many conflicting theories on the origins of this new killer that it leaves your head spinning with the what-ifs. Whatever the method / means / purpose of this Revelation-sized monster, one thing is certain, it has been let loose upon the earth. Presently a few truths have been glaringly obvious.
We are no longer free!
Here are some of what we have lost thus far:
- We have lost the ability to make our own choices.
- We have little, none or have completely lost confidence in our leaders.
- We have lost our livelihoods.
- We have lost the abilities to make our own decisions and to feed our children
- We will have little recourse than to follow the rule of the government/masses and that is; to social distance, wear a mask, stay away from each other, etc.
- We have lost the right to “needed” healthcare.
- Our kids will not live in a free society.
- Many of us have lost relatives.
- We are losing our lives as well.
For our future interactions:
- We may all be required to wear a mask and possibly gloves for the foreseeable future.
- To travel / fly / interact we may be required to present a negative COVID-19 test or present our person with ample time to be able to be swabbed and/or checked for a fever before being able to board or transact business.
- We will be required to have a mask/gloves on while travelling.
- We may even be required to submit for blood tests and nasal swabs to check for antibodies before we are allowed to work, play, eat, shop, play and even live.
- We will be in food shortage crisis and hunger will be prevalent (food prices are already increasing more rapidly than they had since 1974).
- We/our children will required (made) to take the vaccine before we are allowed to be schooled or exist in society.
- Anti-vaxxers will wage but lose the war.
- School kids will do longer be free to play and go about as they see fit.
- Sports may be played but for empty stadiums.
- Vigilante justice will become the rampant, neighbors will be pitted against each other out of absolute fear and/or hate.
America, a country that values its freedoms above all else, anxiously watches as those freedoms are stripped away from her. Our world as we know it is most likely gone. Our new normal will be vastly different than the one we knew.
Our leaders have become the puppet masters and we are uncertain what or who to believe and of what to do. We may be asked to provide proof of health reminiscent of past wars, (better have your papers on you at all times).
I remain perplexed on Bill Gates’ role as an active proponent for vaccinations and for all things health-care? Does he have a medical degree? Did I miss something there?
What are your thoughts?